2011-01-12

Day 1 - A photo of a person you admire.

There are many people I admire for different reasons. Some of them are famous, some aren't.
Basically everyone who has courage to realise their dreams regardless of other people's doubts and suspicions has my respect and admiration. I admire strong people, people who aim to make a difference, people who care and people who don't let anyone else tell them how they should or shouldn't be. My standards may sound quite high, but really, I don't assume anyone to be a saint. Many of my friends, for instance, would deserve to be admired.

Nevertheless, I'll go for the obvious and put a picture of mister John Barrowman here.


For those who don't know John Barrowman, he is an actor and a singer. And very openly gay. And originally Scottish. And very handsome. And just basically awesome in every way possible.

He's an overly positive, open and hyper person, which some people may find exceedingly irritating as well as his smutty jokes and the fact that he's just, frankly, flaming gay.

I'd say his public image is as well-planned and polished as is his botox-smooth forehead. But does it make him fake or pretentious?

I feel that in the end, behind all the glitter and glory, John Barrowman really is what he claims to be: a boy who simply wanted to sing, dance and entertain, to realise his dream and to be himself.
 
I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your thoughts on John Barrowman. He seems like a genuinely nice man.

    ReplyDelete